Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Fun

Hi Crafters!
It's been a busy summer out here in Central California.  I've been working hard in the garden in my spare time and haven't really had much time to craft.

The tomatoes are wonderful, but they are coming in by the bowlful.  Last weekend we canned salsa and this weekend I'm thinking I'll can some sauce.
We also picked the last of our Cherry Plums and made jelly.  It was delicious Sunday morning with biscuits :D

I finally had a chance to make a card this week.  If you love to make cards, one of the best places to get ideas and learn techniques is over at Stamp TV on youtube.  Gina K has the best tutorials.  I've learned so much from her... of course, she also has the coolest products and if you are like me, you might find yourself shopping for the latest thing she uses.  She really turned me on to Spellbinders dies which you can use with your cuttlebug.  I love all the Nestabilities for special matting for cards.

This card is my attempt to use the techniques Gina covered in the "Embossed Marble" video.  The flower was stamped after using the "thumping technique" and then using clear embossing powder over the stamped image, it gives it depth and shine.  The cuts for the image and the sentiment on the inside were from Spellbinders Labels 10.    I used the Spellbinders Grommets label for the outside sentiments.  Image and sentiments are from Gina K website

Everyone try to stay cool and have a great week!
Twila :D

No comments:

Post a Comment