Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Garden

Today was an absolutely beautiful day in Central California so I couldn't resist taking a few photos of my Spring Garden.
Believe it or not I started most of my plants in my indoor Aerogarden.  If you've never had one of these, they are amazing.  If you get the garden insert, you can start up to 66 plants at once.  I started tomatoes, peppers, swiss chard, tomatillos, cucumbers and a few herbs.  It's a great way to jump start the process.  After a few weeks, I hardened them off in my outdoor greenhouse and then eventually moved them out to the garden.

We've already been eating the greens, onions, some peppers and of course taking advantage of the herbs.  Now my strawberries are ready to pick, so I'm thinking I might make Strawberry ice cream this weekend :D  Can't wait for that perfect time of year when I have all the salsa ingredients at the same time, tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro!
This is one of my Ruby Red grapefruit trees - I swear there were about 150 of them this year, we are still eating them.  Super sweet and yummy!

The pool looks inviting, but it's still a bit too cold to jump in :-)
Ok - so I really have to get back to my crafting and get my Mother's Day cards finished!   Did Mother's Day sneak up on anyone else out there?
Hope all is well with everyone out there :-)
Twila

No comments:

Post a Comment