Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hubby's Valentine's Card

Since I couldn't wait to give my hubby the first valentine card I made for Momo's Tuesday Challenge I just had to make him another "official" Valentine's card.   I finally got my camera out and took a picture to share.


This is a full sized greeting card.  For the floral mat, this was from a K&company mat pad "Madeline". I cut a slightly larger black mat to go behind it. Before adhering it to the black mat, I added the pink ribbon.  For the hearts I used my Cuttlebug and  the plain and scalloped Nestabilities from Spellbinder.  I also used a Spellbinder  "Fancy Label" and cut it in half and adhered each side to the back of the scalloped heart.  Then I used Ice Stickles to bling it up.  The center glittered heart was from a pack of hearts I got at Dollar Tree. I used dimensionals for the top two hearts for that three-d effect. For the sentiment, that's from Scrappy mom's "love notes" clear stamps.  I stamped it and then cut it out again with my Cuttlebug and the small square nestabilities from Spellbinder.  I cut the next size larger for the black mat and then turned it over and embossed it to define the edge, then I used pop-dots for dimension.

This card is really pretty in person.  Hubby loved it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment