Friday, February 18, 2011

"You are my Hero" - Scrappy Moms & Copics

Love the Copic Markers and my Scrappy Mom stamp sets!  The copics are so wonderful for line-art stamp images and you can bet Scrappy Moms has a stamp set to match just about anything!.  I made this card for my hubby, because he is my "hero" every day :-).

This is a full-sized card.  The eagle is a rubber stamp from Stampabilities (Hobby Lobby).  For the eagle I stamped with Tuxedo Black "Memento" ink and used the Copic markers (for the beak and talons I blended Y15 and Y11.  For the head I blended C1 and C3.  For the body/feathers I used E09,YR24,E29.YR04,Y15 blending them as I added colors. At the end I used the colorless blender on select areas to highlight). Then I cut the eagle out with my Cuttlebug and the large round Nestabilities die-cut. After cutting, with the round die-cut still in place, I used Ranger Distressed Ink "Walnut Stain" with my daubber to ink the edges, so that when you remove the die-cut circle, you get that defined edge.  The mat behind the eagle is cut with the Scalloped large circle Nestabilities from a mat stack.  The sentiment is from Scrappy Mom's "For the Boys" set.  Before adhering my Rust mat to the black mat, I tied the coordinating ribbon around the rust mat. I used my corner rounder on both mats and then used pop dots for the eagle and scalloped mat.

TJ :-)

3 comments:

  1. Twila - this card is WONDERFUL! It's perfect for a man - it has all the embelishment but isn't "girly"! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much - it was a fun card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ,

    I found your blog and I am loving it, crafts, recipes, techniques... a little bit of everything! I am a new follower! Please check out my blog if you have a moment!

    Thank you for sharing you crafty-ness!
    Mary
    http://marys-crafty-scraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete