Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom Card........

I really had fun with this card for my mom's birthday!


I used the Cricut "Walk in my Garden" cartridge for the Hydrangeas and the flower pot.  To get the terra cotta look, I used a round dauber and stamp ink and inked the edges and then randomly "smudge" inked around the rim and pot to "weatherize" it.  When I adhered the flower pot, I used pop dots on just the rim so it would seem like the flowers were planted in the pot.   For the flowers I cut both the non-shift and shift keys to get the layers.  For the top layer I cut them in the purple and pink card stock and then used embossing ink and a sparkle embossing powder to give them a little more definition.  I adhered the stems and used pop dots for the flowers and left the leaves loose so I could bend them and make them look a little more natural.

For the inside I used my Hallmark Card Studio for the sentiment and my Martha Stewart scallop edger and then just inked the scallop edge to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment