Sunday, August 29, 2010

Birthday Mixed Flowers

I'm really having fun with the Walk in my Garden Cricut cartridge!  For this B-day card for my Aunt, I decided to use a variety of flowers to make a big birthday bouquet.

This is a full-sized greeting card with a double-mat.  For the lemon card stock, I used my swiss dots Cuttlebug folder and then my corner rounder for both mats.  Just like my mom's b-day card from my previous post, I made the same "terracotta" flowerpot (same technique).


All of the flower cuts (Iris, Daffodil, tulips and sunflowers, I embossed.  For the butterfly, I used a couple of techniques I learned from Gina at http://stamptv.com  - This butterfly started as a rubber stamp image that I embossed with copper powder on a dark purple cardstock, then I bleached areas of the wings and then later added a little Lemon Ice stickles to bling it up.  For all the flowers, I created the 3-D effect by using varying sizes of pop-dots to make them look like a bouquet.  For the tulips, I only used a pop dot on one of them - when you cut these it cuts two stems and leaves attached, by just adhering 1 of the blooms, it allow the 2nd bloom to just float - pretty cool.

The Sweet Birthday Wishes sentiment is from the Scrappy Moms Sweet Sentiments which you can get at Scrappy Mom's.  Finally, I added a coordinating ribbon bow.

Hope my aunt enjoys it.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love all the bright flowers! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment - this was such a fun card to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is exquisite!!! :) Great job!

    Thank you so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I love the flowers and the colors are great. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I have this cart and don't use it enough! TFS, became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, Monica :) Now that the holidays are over I'm hoping to post more projects.
    Twila

    ReplyDelete